315 North 14th Avenue
Othello, WA 99344
(509) 488-2636

 
History

Othello Community Hospital officially opened its doors on January 15th, 1958. Over 1,000 people attended the opening which was the culmination of a dream and years of hard work by area residents determined to build a hospital in Othello. Continued growth in the area soon brought about the need for an expansion project at the hospital which was completed in 1969, and had a bed size of 49 with expanded x-ray, laboratory and emergency room. In later years the hospital added ultrasound, mammography and mobile CT scanning to keep up with technology.

The Othello service area encompasses nearly 400 square miles of Adams County, Grant County, and Franklin County. A 2001 census shows the City of Othello has a population of 5,847, and a region population of over 10,000. The economy is agricultural based, requiring manual labor. Therefore, the work force includes significant numbers of migrant workers as well as seasonal workers who have established their homes in Othello.

In 1994 a new hospital was a dream, in 1995 it was a clear vision and now it is a reality. Construction of the multi-story 54,000 square foot, 9 million dollar expansion began in 1997, and opened January 19th 2000. The addition features; new emergency/trauma rooms, surgery rooms, pharmacy, laboratory, a meeting room and an expansive lobby. Licensed for 49 beds, our capacity is 25.